New York University found herself

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2024-3-7 18:43:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Planner in May 2021 unearthed some distressing truths when it comes to the link between student loan debt and borrowers’ mental health. For one 53% of highdebt borrowers have experienced depression as a direct result of that debt while 9 in 10 borrowers experience loanrelated anxiety. Additionally the survey data “suggested that 1 in 11 deaths by suicide among young professionals were partly due to student loans.”Photo Courtesy Florian GaertnerGetty ImagesMelanie Lockert who attended California State University Long Beach as an undergraduate and got her master’s degree from.

New York University found herself saddled with 81000 of student loan debt. In an interview with CNBC Belize WhatsApp Number Select Lockert said “I had this whole trajectory. I got into my dream school NYU then to be making 1012 an hour and not working in your field it felt so depressing and I felt so much shame for going to a fancy private school. …I was severely depressed and anxious.”Of course the experiences of anxiety and depression are never cordoned off — instead these experiences snowball and seep into other areas of one’s life. That is not having the ability to pay back loans means borrowers are putting off traditional life milestones — expenses.

A like buying a house or starting a family — and in turn leaving these ambitions unfulfilled can further impact one’s mental health. With the costs of mental healthcare and support on the rise — and with financial strain being the root of many of these experiences of anxiety and depression — how are borrowers expected to find treatment and support It’s clear that the burden of student loan debt isn’t just a burden to folks’ wallets but on their total wellbeing. Whether or not this forgiveness plan will be enough to improve the mental health of borrowers is yet to be seen.What’s Next For Americans With Student DebtIf you have student debt get in

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Discuz! X

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 05:41 , Processed in 0.091308 second(s), 18 queries .